PayPal Access Card Not Working

redcraven
Contributor
Contributor

My card worked fine until today but was declined twice in shops today despite having plenty of funds available. Is anyone else having issues?

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

shrop
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there i just noticed we on the same boat my card too been delined3x saying(unauthorised)despite money being in account, not sure whats happening sent an email hope this gets sorted

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi shrop & redcraven,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

It's strange you're both running into the same problem. 

It might be best to call the company that manage the Access Card for PayPal here.

Prepay Solutions can be reached on +44 (0)845 505 8801. (Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 7.00pm. Saturday and Sunday: 9.00am – 5.00pm.) and they can usually explain very quickly why payments are being declined.

I hope that helps and please come back to post to let us know how you get on,

Conor

Login to Me Too

miksdvds
New Community Member

My card is also not working. Been on hold on the access card phone line for over 30 mins. Money taken from pay pal but payment not made.

Login to Me Too

deano1kevin
New Community Member

i this is dean01kevin, yes i have had this problem. i put my post into the local post office and tried to pay by my paypal card. it was declined by the time i argued with the post office staff and tried my self it was used 6 times and every time declined. but when i went on line it had been paid out 6 times. now trying to contact paypal but put on hold for ever

Login to Me Too

Lee147
New Community Member
Happend to me twice also, bad news is that the funds went out of my account. Currently on the phone to them now for the last hour or more
Login to Me Too

WallP6
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same thing happen this morning at the post office, declined twice, paid with another card, then noticed the emails came through saying it had been paid, checked Paypal account and sure enough the postage was taken twice, so I have paid three times for my postage today, absoutely livid!!  Rang Paypal access card, after about half an hour eventualy spoke to a girl who said that they were aware of the problem...???!!! it was to do with HSBC declining the payments at the point of sale.

She said that I had to photograph the receipts which said the card was declined and email with a covering message and they will debit the money back, almost seemed like they didnt trust me...

Otherwise after 10 days the money will automatcially debit again, no apology nothing, my accounts are all messed up now and am down £70 for the next week or so..and have in theory paid 3 x £32 for my postage today.

So cant use the card now incase it happens again.

Very, very annoyed....

Login to Me Too

badmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same issue as you guys. Went to pay £30 at my post office and was declined twice. Had to pay cash in the end. Was very enbarssed. Tried phoning 3 times today at a total of 2.45 hours but couldnt get through. Will try i the morning.

Login to Me Too

badmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

Quick update

Have just spoken to Paypal and they have said that it was an issue with the post office system not Paypal. Was told that post office have said that all money should be back in accounts within 48 hours. If not then i have to contact the post office ( which will be easier said than done )

So im waiting till tomorrow evening and if not in my account then the *&%$ will hit the fan

Login to Me Too

WallP6
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE-

After taking ages to write my email and attach the photos of the receipts as I was told to do, have since had an automated email back saying-

Thanks for trying to contact us about your PayPal Access Prepaid MasterCard®. Unfortunately this email address is not monitored so you won’t receive a reply.  Instead please call Card Customer Services on 0845 505 8801 and we’ll be more than happy to help with your query.

So now what????  where is my money...?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.