PayPal Access Card Default Currency

Taswirh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my PayPal account is UK based. But I have PayPal balance available in USD.

Whenever I try to use my PayPal Access Card, I need to convert the amount from USD to GBP. If the fund is in USD, it doesn't show available for use through Access Card.

Is there any way that I can use the Card using my USD funds, so that I do not need to convert in GBP and avoid currency exchange charges (which is around 2.5%).

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_paula

Hi Taswirh,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

Apologies for our delayed response. As the PayPal access card currency would be set to GBP you would need to have funds in your PayPal GBP balance in order to use it. Most customers would set their primary balance on PayPal to GBP , and as you said, convert any other balances over.

I understand that this can be inconvenient however as the currency is set to GBP then it would mean you would need to transfer funds over.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

Taswirh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula,

Thanks for your reply. Can I change the default currency from GBP to USD for PayPal Access card? This would be helpful as I hold my PayPal balance mostly at USD.

Waiting for your advise.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Pilgrimways
New Community Member

This is my problem too. I tried yesterday to make a payment to a US online vendor out of my more than adequate US$ PayPal funds. The payment was refused by PayPal Access. Can I change my default PayPal currency to US$? If so how? Can I later change it back to GBP?

Login to Me Too

PSUK
Contributor
Contributor

The card issuer does not support USD as a currency option. Changing your default PayPal balance will simply cause the AccessCard to decline. It would be great if the AccessCard had multi-currency support, but currently it does not. My guess is because it earns $$$ on foreign transactions.

Login to Me Too

colaholic
Contributor
Contributor

Th problem is not that we must convert, i can live with that , but the problem is that on the new site layout we CAN NOT CONVERT anymore!

I spent 2 hours and clicked all possible links.. i simply DID NOT FIND a way to convert! Switching to the old style layout also did not solve the problem. This absolutely necessary function IS NO MORE !

Please advise ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Taswirh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi in the new interface, click on the "PayPal Balance" option on the top left and there you will find the conversion option.

Any expert advise whether we can change the PayPal Access Card's default currency to USD? so that we do not need to convert USD balance to GBP balance anymore.

Login to Me Too

colaholic
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that worked!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.