Pay after delivery not available

Szandra
Contributor
Contributor
Any idea why pay after delivery isn't available? Even tho it's set as primary payment method. I've been reading answers regarding this and i now know that it depends on seller whether they want to except but that's not true. I tried to pay for some items numerous times and wouldn't let me than all of a sudden for like the 50th try it's gone thru without problem. So the sellers changed their mind in the meantime? Also read about depending whether item is qualified...still no idea what that means. All i know is that i paid with PAD on another website loads of times now i tried to purchase the same items and won't let me! Can someone help? I really need some things but can't afford to pay for it right now
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Szandra

PAD has nothing to do with the seller, its between you and paypal.

The seller does not even know you have paid and used that method.

This is because the seller is always credited in advance by paypal (for normal and PAD transactions) as no seller would send an item before being paid first. Then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

All PAD does is give you a bit longer before paypal deducts the money from your bank account to pay themselves back again, in which time your item ''should'' have arrived.

But it doesn't give you anymore buyer protection so personally I dont' think its worth it unless you need those extra few days until payday etc.

PAD is ''offered'' by paypal, its not offered all the time and you can only use it when it is offered. As paypal are more or less giving you a short ''loan'' whether its offered or not I guess depends on their cash flow and useage of that feature at the time you go to pay.

Paypal also ''remove'' that option if you have had a failed bank transfer at anytime OR a negative balance on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.