Money taken from bank account

Thomasearp
Contributor
Contributor
I recently looked at my bank account and saw that £155.00 was taken from my account from PayPal funding!!! How do I get my money back??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasearp

ok but are you sure there are 2 transactions.

Only when you pay and use paypal then paypal take directly from your linked funding source.

They CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to pay them back again. So the funds can leave your account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER did you 'add' funds to your paypal balance AS WELL? If so then whilst your funds were transfering Paypal took the 'payment' directly from your bank account.

If that was the case then the second payment when it reaches Paypal will be credited to your paypal balance (as the seller has been paid) and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again..........if that is what has happened which it sounds like to me.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasearp

Have you bought something for that amount via paypal recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Thomasearp
Contributor
Contributor
I have yes, but the first transaction was myself putting £155.00 into the account and the other transaction “PAYPAL FUNDING” was not me
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasearp

What other transaction?

If you were transfering funds OR paying someone then it would show up on your bank account if you funded it FROM that bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Thomasearp
Contributor
Contributor
2 lots of £155.00 has been taken out of my bank account, the first one was for the item which I knew about, but today I looked at my bank account and saw another 155.00 was taken out under the name as “PayPal funding”
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasearp

ok but are you sure there are 2 transactions.

Only when you pay and use paypal then paypal take directly from your linked funding source.

They CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to pay them back again. So the funds can leave your account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER did you 'add' funds to your paypal balance AS WELL? If so then whilst your funds were transfering Paypal took the 'payment' directly from your bank account.

If that was the case then the second payment when it reaches Paypal will be credited to your paypal balance (as the seller has been paid) and you can withdraw it back to your bank account again..........if that is what has happened which it sounds like to me.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Thomasearp
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, if it is true, how long will it take the money to come in, I transferred the money on 28th February but it’s stil hasn’t came into my PayPal as it’s still processing, how many days will it take for the money to come into my PayPal????
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomasearp

5-7 working days in the UK which can take it up to the 9th March.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.