Absa debit card

Jordan6
New Community Member

I am having trouble linking my Absa debit card. After i enter all the requested info it shows a message that this card is not accepted please try a different card. , please help?

Is there another way to add money to paypal in South Africa without a card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Jordan6,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

What this error message generally means is that we are receiving an error from your card issuer when you are trying to add the card.  When you add a card or update your card information, we temporarily charge a small amount. We do this as a fraud prevention measure to ensure that your card is valid. If your card issuer doesn’t authorise the temporary charge and you try to use the card with your PayPal account, the card will be declined.

Here are some of the reasons why your card issuer may not authorise the temporary charge:

• The card issuer might be having technical problems that prevent us from requesting the authorisation.
  • The card issuer, as part of its own fraud prevention measures, might block the transaction because it doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns.
  • Your card is not activated for online payments.
  • You might have exceeded the limit on your card.

I'd encourage you to contact your credit card issuer's online transaction department directly for more information, as we do not receive an exact reason for the denial. Contact details are usually found on the back of your credit card. You can also try to add another credit card to your PayPal account, if you have one available.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.