Horrible experience

psyche71
Contributeur
Contributeur

I would like to share with you my disastrous experience to open a business account with Paypal. And I apologize in advance for my broken English, I'm French.

Some time ago, I opened my online store and I was planning to use Paypal as a payment platform. At the same time, I wanted to upgrade my Premier account in business account, since I have an individual company. Bad idea. To begin, a law was passed this year that requires Paypal to claim many informations to get a business account. After a lot of steps, I almost met their requirements, but to achieve this, I received no help: automated system when I asked questions, customer service who never answered by email and gave bad informations on the phone: many documents which were supposed to be "required", in the end, were found to be not appropriate, and I have taken all sorts of steps for nothing). In addition, two customer service representative assured that they would follow up my file and call me back, but they never did. At one point, exasperated by this level of incompetence and this disrespectful treatment, I gave a negative feedback for the service received. As a result, the employee called me, **bleep** off, and she lied, claiming that she htried to reach me in vain all day long... but I stayed home all day waiting for her call and the phone has never rung. After that, they decided to take revenge very meanly: I was told to send lot of documents to verify my identity and I learned later from an employee that my identity was already confirmed and that I would not have needed to send them. I was asked to send some information and when I wanted to know if they were approved, I had no answer. And whatever I provided to justify the address of my business were systematically rejected under any excuse: tax return, tax assessments, receipts of the CRA in which were provided the proof of my names, address, SIN, date of birth, company etc. . For example, they told me that the documents had to have my company logo, but they know perfectly that a self-employed person does not necessarily have a logo ... this request is totally aberrant, as confirmed to me by the CRA: it's strictly to block my business account.

In short, I finally opted for another payment platform, tired of being taken for a ride. I think that kind of unprofessional and shabby behavior deserves to be denounced. I understand better why it is no longer possible to make a claim against the service offered by Paypal: complaints should be numerous. So be aware: if Paypal customer service representatives want to block you and rot your life, you will have no recourse against them.

In any case never again I will use this platform of payment for my site and now, I will avoid Paypal as often as possible for paying my bills.

Login to Me Too
0 RÉPONSES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.