Netflix: Sorry, but we are unable to complete the sign-up process now. Please try again later.

AussieBilly
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently this is an ongoing problem when attempting to register for an account with Netflix. When reaching the credit card stage, step 3 I believe, being turned away with the notice: "Sorry, but we are unable to complete the sign-up process now. Please try again later." Elsewhere the solution mentions faulty response to the card used or the bank behind that card. In my case I attempted to use cards from two different banks, one here in AU and the other on a US bank... and even offered to pay via PayPal... to no avail. Why? Does Netflix not want my business? Is this something personal? Is there another choice for the same service Netflix offers? 

Thanks........

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

cristopher418
New Community Member

I called to Netflix support team and they give a solution and it worked great, I could move from Paypal to Debit card , I was unable due a message in a Yellow box saying that wasnt possible the sign up procces . On  the phone you should say them you want to erase the paypal option from your account , then they will stop your memebership,  try you to log off, the solution that technical support gave me was , not the click on the "Log in " option ( Never click on the resume membership , it will head you to the kind of glitch) , instead you must click on the option " Join free for a month " then when the page requiere your mail and pass just put the email and pass that you have been using normally for your netflix account , next step is choose your plan and fill your payment  option . I had been talking for almost an hour with technical support and finally the gave me a solution . Hope it works for you .

Login to Me Too

StarfishLeader
New Community Member

Soo what you're saying is that i cant pay with PayPal for an unknown reason?

Login to Me Too

ViperEye
Contributor
Contributor

I believe that's what is meant.  PayPal and Netflix both say there must be a problem with my credit card.  My cards check out just fine.

My best guess:  Netflix is manipulating people to buy their gift cards.

Login to Me Too

CatLady23
Contributor
Contributor

I was stuck at the payment (step 3) option too. I managed to go back to the Netflix home page and view my account settings since I was partially set up. I was hoping to input my credit card there. When I filled in my phone number, Netflix said it had texted me a confirmation code and to enter it. It's been 2+ hours and I have not received any text. I also tried the option of having Netflix call me with the code to activate my account. I got a message saying it had called, yet no calls came to my phone and it has been 2+ hours.

Something is not working on Netflix's end. Phone calls, text messages, and credit card transactions are not going thru.

I stayed on the phone with my credit card company while entering my payment information. They keep telling me no transaction is coming thru on their end, even when they check the declined transactions. It' s just not appearing. 

Netflix is shooting blanks. 

Login to Me Too

darrylmick
New Community Member

I'm having the SAME problem this is **bleep** ridiculous!!!

Login to Me Too

totallychibi
New Community Member
I called Netflix, and they’re like the 100% guarantee is using the Netflix card. Then why pretend and list 3x options, when you know that 2/3 will not work ? How am I getting a 1x month trial, when I’ve already paid? It’s so ridiculous
Login to Me Too

CatLady23
Contributor
Contributor

I logged out of Netflix on all devices (computers, firestick, tv, etc.) and then waited 3 MONTHS. Then I tried again and my credit card payment went through. Mind you I had also done this at least once in the past and it had not gone through then. I can only guess that they let a % of new credit card subscriptions in a month and then try to make everyone else buy their Netflix gift card by saying their credit card transactions won't go through. If weren't for specific shows that are only on Netflix, I would refuse to do business with them. I am still dissatisfied what I went through to sign up. It does feel dishonest, and I am weary about what's going to happen when I have to update my credit card for payment.

Login to Me Too

ViperEye
Contributor
Contributor

Cat,

I also figured it was them manipulating the situation to make more money.  That's the usual suspect, anyway.

What I did was use a different email account and a different credit card.  It was smooth sailing after that.

Login to Me Too

nharindu
New Community Member

Hi,

I too had the same issue when I try to set up the Netflix account with my yahoo email address. When I happened to select the payment method it kept on givining the above error message in a yellow box for both visa and paypal options.

After couple of hours I signed-up[ again with my gmail account. What a supprise. I could complete the Netflix setting up in one go. I don't understand what wrong was with the yahoo account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.