Discussion of Password Manager Software?

zundapman
New Community Member

I have long been a user of password protection schemes that encrypt and decript stored passwords when working with web sites that provide fiscal services.  Recently, the makers of Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge have all changed their default settings to capture and store logins associated with web pages.  I have used the same software (which will remain nameless for now) to manage my passwords on a local computer disk.  The manufacturer of that software followed the lead of competing browsers and switched from a local to an "on line" storage of encrypted passwords that in many ways mimics what has been done by the browser manufacturers.  I've got a lot of unanswered questions about all this.

1).  What is the best approach to limiting confusion and errors for aging "memory challenged" computer users?

2).  What alternatives to writing down on paper and keeping up to date a "backup list" of security information make sense?

3).  What can the service providers do to make it less burdensome for end users while still preserving essential security?

4).  What password managers are out there and being used by PayPal customers?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.