What is your favorite movie?

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a favorite movie, one that will never get old no matter how many times you have seen it?

Please share the movie or movies you enjoy with the Community, maybe we have some in common. Smiley Happy

For me O Brother, Where Art Thou? will never get old. Anytime I am feeling down and out I can always be made to feel better by watching this movie. The antics of the Soggy Bottom Boys and the soundtrack put me in a better mood each and every time.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

For me O Brother, Where Art Thou? will never get old. Anytime I am feeling down and out I can always be made to feel better by watching this movie. The antics of the Soggy Bottom Boys and the soundtrack put me in a better mood each and every time.

Zazu,

That really is a fantastic movie. It would be an awesome movie even if it weren't a 1930's adaptation of The Odyssey, but the fact that it is makes it even better.

For me, The Princess Bride will always have a special place in my heart. I think I have seen that movie at least 100 times throughout my life, potentially more.

Other favorites include Top Secret, Real Genius, Boondock Saints, Office Space, and Serenity. I really have a list of about 50 or 60 more than I consider favorites, but I want to leave some for other people to mention first. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

I do have a few favorite movies that will never get old not matter how many times I watch them. They are:  Dirty Dancing, Sweet Home Alabama, and Pretty Woman. I could watch them over and over and over again!

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - I am not sure about that one! Not really my kind of movie.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

GoldenVlad

I like watching russian movie, because I russian 🙂

My favorite movie it's "Жмурки". I don't know how it is translated into English language.

Жмурки - it's slang, when people are dead! Movie about the ninetieth years, with light humor for russian. Unlikely this movie is in English.

Yet, I like watching film with name "Бумер" (Bimmer). This film about theft auto BMW 750 and the further adventures.

Also, I like watching movie "Брат (Brother)" and "Брат 2 (Brother 2)" with Grand actor Sergey Bodrov (RIP). I think you have heard about the movie. Second part of the movie was shot in Russia and USA. 

All these movies about russian gangsters. If someone saw of these films, wrie about it. 

P.S. Please tell me, movie and film these words is same?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the Community, GoldenVlad!

@GoldenVlad wrote:

P.S. Please tell me, movie and film these words is same?

Basically the same, yes.  Movie almost exclusively applies to motion pictures like you described above and has less uses, but is more popular than film when talking about movie.  For example, most people will say they went to see a movie, but they seldom say they went to see a film.

Film, on the other hand, can mean a number of different things.  It can mean movies, but it can also mean a thin cover or coating of a material.  So, if my car is covered in dust, you could say it's covered in a film of dust.  You can also use film as a verb, like "I was filming the news as it happened," but you can't do that with movie.

I did try putting Жмурки through a number of online translators, but the only one that managed to come up with anything came out as "hide-and-seek."  Smiley Sad  I had more luck with IMDB.com, though!  They listed it as "Blind Man's Bluff."  It looks good!

I do like gangster movies too, but since I don't speak Russian, I can only recommend English ones.  There's the classic Godfather series, and we can't forget Scarface, but my all time favorite (although it's not just about gangsters) is Pulp Fiction

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.