Scam possibility : Shopping Technology Co., Limited

Alexandra_A
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there !

Anyone has already  bought from website Shopping Technology Co., Limited ? It's Biudress clothes brand..

I made the transition via PayPal.

Let me know,

<removed>

Login to Me Too
716 REPLIES 716

Poorme2020
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, lets all do this. Everytime you see a dodgy advert on FB, do a search for the same item to proof it is a scam. They usually rip off some legitimate website.  Then click on the top right corner of the FB ad and inform FB that this is a fraud.  If enough of us are doing this all the time, it will cause these scammers trouble to be blacklisted by FB algorithm.

Login to Me Too

SS127
Contributor
Contributor
I am going to contact my bank and I also sent and email to my congresswoman. China is receiving sanctions from our government so if we can ad info to be used so be it. I received an immediate E mail response from my Congresswoman as it was after hours. Looking forward to hearing from her. Maybe PayPal and FB needs to revisit their loyalty to customers instead of fraudulent, scamming company
Login to Me Too

ItsClaudes
Contributor
Contributor

Another update: The seller is still trying to communicate with me through personal emails as well as the outstanding claim, suggesting that I can give this terrible stuff to friends or family as a "gift" and offering me a $5 voucher as "compensation" in case I want to shop with them again (bizarrely they offered me $8 - $12 via Paypal)! As if! I've repeatedly refused and was insisting that they continue to communicate with me via the Paypal claim but they chose to ignore this. I've now escalated my claim to Paypal and written the following:

The seller has clearly lied about the items I was sold and will not confirm a proper return address to send them back. Further, sending the items back under the shipping conditions they have specified will cost almost as much as the items did in the first place - which will leave me with even less money and nothing to show for it.

I discovered a thread on the Paypal community which suggests that this is a well established scam that has been going on for a considerable amount of time: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Scam-possibility-Shopping-Technology-Co.... I am shocked that Shopping Technology Co., Limited has been allowed to continue operating for as long as they have. Given the number of people whose money they have taken and your terms re. providing false or misleading information, they should have their account closed. I believe when viewing the seller description vs. the items received, the evidence shows a clear intent to mislead.

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me resolve this. A partial refund and the ability to keep the items is not a good solution, as I have explained to the seller several times that the items are nothing like what was advertised and they are of such poor quality that they are actually unusable.

-----------------------------------

I really hope that this counts for something, surely the fact that the seller hasn't quickly corrected me on what the return address is makes it clear that shenanigans are afoot? A legitimate business would be very eager to clear things up and help you return the offending items, but if you're operating a scam and don't actually want the junk back then it makes perfect sense. 

Apparently this should be resolved by the 19th and I really hope it ends well. 

Login to Me Too

sew_and_sow
Contributor
Contributor

you are reiterating what happened to me.  The only way I got resolution (100% $ returned) was by following the money.  I paid via credit card through PayPal.  When I heard nothing from PayPal, I filed a dispute with my credit card company.  Once I proved to them that the products weren't as described, they did a reverse transaction with the company's bank and provided me with a temporary refund.  Now the company has to prove to the credit card company that the products were as advertised, or I get to keep my refund.  Apparently it happens all the time and the company never manages to prove quality, size, fabrics used, etc.

So if you paid with credit card or bank, that's the route to take.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Shanghai1
Contributor
Contributor
I received the goods but they were not as represented in the Ad. Picture of shirt was distinctly looking like linen and was a nice pale blue. Shirt was actually polyester and a gaudy mid blue. Never again!
Login to Me Too

Discocat
Contributor
Contributor
I did! Quality was terrible. Nothing like described. WAY too small even through it’s my size and it took FOREVER to get here. I have emailed them trying to return it all and I can’t get a response.
Login to Me Too

penne001
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. Total Rip Off. !!!! Ordered black linen shorts and pants with button closures. Cheap draw string cotton not even close in size. Shorts were literally cut/hacked off with random scissor marks. Do Not Shop Here!!!!

Login to Me Too

QuestManifest

YES THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND FRAUD! 

They refused to cancel my order which I emailed them within an hour of ordering. Instead the company kept trying to replace the order with another one of their products. I refused and asked "What part of Cancel My Order do Yo not Understand?" I received the order 2 months later and it was NOT anything near what I had ordered and still will not refund. BEWARE they use great photos as a lure to sell yet the product is not that which was shown on website. This company is China Base I believe. I tried to dispute with PayPal and was declined. I am disappointed in PayPal for not solving this issue as I had all my documents showing the back and forth emails in my attempts to cancel immediately within an hour of ordering. It was before this company would of been able to process and ship - yet the company still sent a bogus product.  

Login to Me Too

jgt777
Contributor
Contributor

Shopping Technology Co., Limited is definitely a scam. No returns. They actually told me to regift the item, when it finally came, because the return would  "be very expensive" and "take too long." If PayPal accepts them as a vendor, then they should not only get rid of them, but also be active in anti-fraud measures. This has never happened when I shop through Amazon. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

KKPrincess69
Contributor
Contributor
I am so frustrated with this shopping scam. I have notified my banks fraud department.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.