Help - item not like described, PayPal protection?

BxlNash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have a very easy question, I paid for an item on eBay that was not as described (the seller hided a problem he knew, proof in my messages with him). 
So I paid through eBay, with my MasterCard on a Paypal account. 

Can I get the protection from Paypal and ask for a refund or any send back ?

Many thanks, 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

YassineH
Contributor
Contributor
If you didn’t paid by using « send money to a friend », you can open a litigation/Claim through your account and ask for a return and refund (explain the issue and attach evidences). The vendor will have a limited period to respond. If no solution is found with the vendor, Paypal will study the case and arbitrate.
Login to Me Too

BxlNash
Contributor
Contributor

Well the thing is that my PayPal is not linked to the Ebay account. 
So I don't see my transaction in my PayPal activity, like I said I paid directly with my credit card to his PayPal on Ebay...
So no option to start a dispute...

thanks  if you have other ideas

Login to Me Too

YassineH
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry i hadn’t understood. Clearly, you hadn’t paid with your Paypal so no option with Paypal. Check with your bank if you have any option overall.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BxlNash 

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.