I got scammed

stangolo
Contributeur
Contributeur
I got scammed yesterday by a hacker that hacked my computer and my friend's discord account that i trusted and asked for money. After 1h30 from sending the money my friend got his discord account and told me that it wasn't him so i opened a case on PayPal against this hacker and after while it got closed by it self (i think it was the hacker). I got the email from PayPal so i quickly reopened it but the only reason that was available was unauthorized transaction and now paypal closed the case because they think it was real. I tried to call them but they don't respond because of the coronavirus. What should i fo now?
Login to Me Too
6 RÉPONSES 6

marquis-sade
Contributeur fréquent
Contributeur fréquent

bonjour !!!...

votre pb n'est pas clair du tout.... ni en anglais ni en français donc faites un message

à paypal

par la messagerie .

ou par twitter

ou par facebbok paypal

Login to Me Too

stangolo
Contributeur
Contributeur
I think everything that i wrote was clear a hacker scammed me and i'm trying to call paypal but they're not responding
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

Hello @stangolo 
it's hard to understand everything 🙂
you were the victim of a scam ... but it seems that it was you who sent money to your friend ...
in summary, if your paypal account was used without your knowledge, you dispute the transaction by making a dispute for an unauthorized transaction.
if you sent the money yourself and your hacked friend to his account, and his account was hacked, there is nothing you can do /

currently paypal can no longer answer the phone / pandemic ==> covid 19
but, by email it is possible, also on facebook and twitter /

Login to Me Too

stangolo
Contributeur
Contributeur
@jmarc_38 What i'm trying to say is that he hacked my friend's discord account and he asked me for money through it. I didn't it know that the account was hacked i thought it was my friend who was asking for money. That's why i opened the case in paypal
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Conseiller estimé
Conseiller estimé

@stangolo 

OK 🙂
but you have therefore paid / ie you have carried out the operation yourself /
your paypal account was not usurped /
your dispute should be dismissed for this

Login to Me Too

stangolo
Contributeur
Contributeur
@jmarc_38 no he hacked my pc also because the case was closed by someone not paypal and it wasn't me that's why i reopened it as an unauthorized transaction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.