Important changes coming for Canada Post Shipping Services

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to share some important information on changes to Canada Post Shipping Services.

On February 11, 2013, Canada Post will introduce two lower-cost trackable services for US and International shipments: Tracked Packet – USATM and Tracked Packet – InternationalTM.  These services will be an attractive option for PayPal merchants who are sending shipments under 1kg to the USA, or under 2kg to other supported countries.

Tracked Packet – USATM and Tracked Packet – InternationalTM will become available via the PayPal shipping label printing very soon.  We’ll have more details regarding timing and label printing discounts for these services shortly. Meanwhile, this link on eBay Canada provides more information: Tracked Packet™ – USA and Tracked Packet™ – International

With these two new services being introduced, Canada Post will retire their Small Packet – USA Ground service effective January 14, 2013.

This means, as of January 14, 2013:

• The USA Surface Small Packets service for PayPal customers who use the print shipping label feature will be retired and no longer available. PayPal customers who attempt to access USA Surface Small Packets service on the PayPal website may experience an error message until this service is removed from the online menu on January 24rd.
  • PayPal customers will no longer receive any liability coverage on packages sent with USA Air Small Packets, International Air Small Packets and International Surface Small Packets.
  • Complementary insurance coverage on Regular Parcel service will no longer be offered.

I hope this helps clarify the new changes to Canada Post Shipping Services. 🙂 If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to post a question in the Community.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.