My Honest Experience

nierta
Contributor
Contributor

I am a budgeting freak. Borderline obsessive about my finances. When I am out and about and spending money, but don't have access to my computer to check my various balances, I find it comforting to be able to check in every now and again on my iPhone via apps and mobile sites. Since I've begun using Paypal for my main financial account (and given my obsession with knowing what's going in and out of my account at all times), I figured I would need the PayPal app. But honestly, my impressions of the app so far are not good. I've only used it a few times and it's crashed on me at least once. There's nothing more frustrating than being in the middle of doing something in an app and having it crash on you. So that aspect of the app still needs improvement. Also, the color scheme, font, and layout need some improvement. It's a little hard to read the app and follow it sometimes, imo (for instance, a light gray background and a medium gray font with no outline or shadowing to make the font stand out better is generally not a good idea). The eBay mobile app, which I use frequently is a good example of an app that operates very well, especially with all of the functions available, and one that looks great, also. I suggest PayPal take advantage of the eBay/PayPal affiliation and take a few pointers. There are some good things about the app, though; I like that I have access to many important functions like transfering money and managing my account details. In short, I love having the PayPal app, but I'm not in love with it. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_ReneeM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I want to try and understand why the app is crashing on you.

What phone and OS are you using?  Do you have the latest updated app downloaded?  Also, what do you mean by no protection?

Thanks,

Renee

Login to Me Too

nierta
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for reading my feedback, Renee.  I've had a chance to read some of the other feedback posted in this topic, and I think you'll find some great tips for improving the fuctionality of the PayPal app. 

To answer your questions:

1) I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1

2) Yes, I have the updated version of the Paypal app downloaded.

3) I don't recall mentioning anything about "no protection". I have no doubts about the PayPal app being secure. 

And Iet me just say once again, I love the eBay app--one of my favorites. If PayPal can figure out what eBay has done to make its app so great, it would be to PayPal's advantage. I won't stop using PayPal because of the poor app, because PayPal is great and convenient. But until the app improves, I'll just check my PayPal account online. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_ReneeM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you. We are constantly working to improve the mobile experience and your feedback has been sent on to the mobile team. You can also type in m.paypal.com to access PayPal mobile on your computer or smart phone.

Best,

Renee

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.