Where is the Payment data transfer section???

Kimmihampson
New Community Member

Ok, so I have lots of PayPal accounts business and personal and I know how to find the identity token on all of them inside and out apart from one! This is a personal PayPal account I have gone to the setting cog, clicked on seller tools then on update website preferences, clicked auto return on and placed n the correct URL and saved. Then you would ordinarily go to Payment & Data Transfer however this section is totally missing from this PayPal account??? can anyone tell me if I have a setting preventing this section from appearing or what I need to do I'm so confused????!!!!! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @Kimmihampson,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I request to please upgrade your personal PayPal account to "Business" type and follow the below steps to access PDT identity token.

Please refer the guide link to upgrade your account. 

Payment Data Transfer allows you to receive notification of successful payments as they are made. To use Payment Data Transfer, you need to turn on Auto Return. Here's how:

Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
Click Website Payments
Click Update near "Website preferences".
Select On under "Auto Return for Website Payments", and enter your Return URL below.
Select On under "Payment Data Transfer".
Click Save. You'll be redirected back to the main Profile page.
Click Website Payments
Click Update near Website Preferences
Copy the identity token located under the Payment Data Transfer section.

For security purposes, we do not email you the identity token.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Brrt
New Community Member

I had the same problem.

My removing auto return url, saving, adding again, saving the ID token finally appeared?!

The Paypal spokesman below did not address the problem posed above, ie that the id does not always show.

By clearing and then saving I solved the problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.