What API or Solution is available for Event Money Collection

desiraj
Contributor
Contributor

We are currently developing an event ticketing website.

Wanted to know what API or Solution Paypal for the following objective.

Objective

1. Buyer Purchase ticket on event site

2. Seller(Event Lister or Organizer) get money from ticket purchase

3. After seller get money. Seller is debited commission which is paid to event site.

Or when payment is paid to seller a split payment occurs where commission is paid to Event site and the balance is sent to seller. But only the

seller name shows up on customer statement.

Their would be many event sellers selling on the site. Provision is already made for them to add their paypal ID. But not sure what solution or api could be used for the above.

I am NOT looking to collect payment from buyer and then disperse to seller.

Only seller collects payments from buyer and the seller is debited for the payment.

Thanks for all your help
Raj

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @desiraj 

I can tell you that there certainly is a product that should work for you! The product is called PayPal Commerce Platform for Marketplaces. You can read more about it at that link, but I'll sum it up here.

When you set up this product on your site, sellers get onboarded with your platform, linking their PayPal account. After this, when a buyer initiates a transaction, you can specify a "Payee", which in this case is your seller. The money goes straight to them (unless you choose delayed disbursement which you can read more on here) and a fee is taken from that payment to the seller and given to you. Look at this link to see a code snippet where payee and platform_fee is specified when an order is created.

I think this is the perfect product to fit your needs, but you'll need to fill out the partner form to get approval first, which you can read more on right here

Hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

desiraj
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Aaron! 

Initially I was going with your partner site braintree. But this will work.

So if my site is similar to EventBrite where sellers sell their tickets. I already have a place for them to add their PayPal id when they create their profile. I am assuming that would create the sellers as a payee.

Regarding the seller onboarding is that done on the paypal site or through my site.

Thanks,

Raj

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @desiraj 

Braintree would work as well for sure. 

This link tells you how to onboard the merchant. Essentially, the flow goes like

1: Your server generates a link.

2: You display that link on your site for the seller wanting to link their PayPal account.

3: They get redirected to PayPal to link and confirm their onboarding.

4: PayPal sends them back to your site through a return URL which you provide.

That documentation should be able to walk you through these steps to implement this but that's a quick summary of how it works.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

desiraj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Aaron

I have applied to the Paypal commerce platform.

1. Curious how do I find out my status if I am accepted for the paypal commerce platform. No gotten any confirmation or denial.

2. Braintree told me their solution cannot help me.

Thanks

Raj

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.