We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

silouette
New Community Member

We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

Why am i getting this message when i click on  manage api credentials as im trying to set up the put it on laybuy api on my shopify site. 

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

Temp20231105c

I have been facing this issue and I managed to solve it! Spent many hours chatting with PayPal reps, but none of them had been able to fix the issue. All they could do is to send password reset emails....

SOLUTION: 

-Make sure you are logging in from the region where the paypal account was registered from! (this is VERY IMPORTANT. Don't use VPN, those IPs are blacklisted by PP's security system. My account was registered in Hungary, but I live in the US now so i had to ask a family member and had to remote into her laptop and attempt the login from there)

-While accessing paypal.com from any IP that's located in the same region/country where the account was registered, instead of logging in request a password reset. (If you try to log in straight up it's gonna give you the same error message "We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you"). You'll receive an email with the verification code, type that in and create a new password. Once that's done you'll be redirected to your PayPal account. 

I was able to log in this way... Good luck!

Login to Me Too

SilasJohn
Contributor
Contributor
Why am I getting this text when. I tried to login to my account. At the beginning it asked me to verify my account by sending a code. But I not receive any code. And when I tried again i get the text that says " Sorry we couldn't confirm its you ". I also some funds in my account that need to get released.
Login to Me Too

Däv
This error is some bull. Resetting the password for your account should fix it, worked for me
Login to Me Too

SophieBarnes123
Contributor
Contributor

i changed my password and still getting this message 

Login to Me Too

Aboudikate
New Community Member

The same thing here. I don't know how am i going to access my account. i just don't get it they don't have like PayPal Chat. absolutely stupid 

Login to Me Too

Mrafha
How about now? I just got this problem, its because need verification code that to my phone number, but theres wasnt any message to my phone. After try resend code for 3rd times, tadaaaaaaaaaa "We're sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you", too bad i think paypal is good one, but reality not too good, im kinda dissapointed.
Login to Me Too

karimslaoui
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem 

Login to Me Too

Samladh
Contributor
Contributor
It was exactly what happened to me today. Now I can only log in but cannot withdraw my money
Login to Me Too

LegendaryEmoji
Contributor
Contributor

Here How To Fix It :

Go To Paypal Sign In Page

Then Click On [Having trouble logging in?] And Put Your Paypal Email & Reset Your Account Password

After Resetting Password It Will Be Fixed

Thank You For Reading

Login to Me Too

TungDao
New Community Member

Thanks a lot @LegendaryEmoji, I don't know what would I do without your suggestion. Paypal customer service sucks hard. I'll better find an alternative, it's too risky putting my money into paypal hands.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.