WPP Hosted payment issue on site - Error 10001

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I'm having issues with the PayPal Payments Pro - Hosted form on a clients website, it seems no payments can be made using the actual form (Though clicking the pay on paypal button works fine).

The issue is when the form has been filled and anyone clicks "Pay Now", they get a message "We’re sorry, we can’t complete your payment at this time. Please try again later."

I can't find any reason for this, though did have issues with the Pay With PayPal button until I set it to send shipping address as the billing address if its not set (for non-shipped items).

If I inspect the iFrame form I can find the following data as part of a hidden input attribute:

ERRORCODE: 10001
ERRORMSG: We’re sorry, we can’t complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.
visitorId: "61249........."
layoutCountry: "GB"
internalSessionId: "HSS-8059aab8ceb4ec8e5156deaf4574e8ab84dd012c"
error {"message":"TEMPORARY_FAILURE","dynamicDisplayId":"6fcf3d181c6f4-10001"}}

In short, if anyone can help me fix this issue that would be great but alternatively i've read that its possible to have a method removed from the iframe and so people would be forced to click the paypal button and pay using the method that actually works. 

Thanks,
Craig

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

theres data being sent back from what I can see in the latest transaction. Can you check the POST method to see if anything is there. Also what do you have in the account for data transfer "POST" or "GET"?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

MTS_Ciaran

Checking this now. I can see a 400 response on our side. Let me check more to see what I can find. 

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much Ciaran 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

can you post a link to there I can test this? also is this happening to all buyers?

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

The URL is www.buglife.org.uk, its happening on every order when you try to pay on-site entering your card details.

Thanks again,
Craig

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

The error on our logs is indicating that their is a deserialization problem, basically its seems like we're expecting a String but a number usbeing passed. Can you confirm the data being passed is all OK?

When did you start to see this, or have you only integrated recently and its always been like this?

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Strange, I am unsure when it started but it worked upon the first integration a while back.

Could you tell me what field it is that is expecing a string but receiving a number? Then maybe I can find the issue in the code.]

Thanks,
Craig

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

From my side, that seems to be part of the issue the logs are saying which field I'm afraid. I'll get a bug report open for this and keep you posted. 

Login to Me Too

Buglife
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for that, I think I figured it out, looks like it was the State field not sending through properly.

Payments seem to be going through (somewhat randomly) but it seems that not all the expected data is coming back from paypal as the payment module is returning errors with the paypal response, but the customer (or me during testing) is receiving:

We’re sorry, we can’t complete this payment. Please contact the merchant with this reference ID: transaction-ref-id

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks,
Craig

]
Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran
Could be related to a system issue on our side, there was some API issues over the past day or so. Is there any value being returned for "transaction-ref-Id"? This would normally be a alpha numeric code that we use for debugging.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.