Upgrade from Button Manager API

villesundberg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I run a website that allows sellers to receive payments into their PayPal accounts. My code has the authority to create payment buttons on their behalf, requested through the NVP Permissions API, and uses IPN to verify that the transaction has been completed. I use the NVP BMCreateButton call to do this, and the notify_url parameter to provide a callback url to my website.

This API is deprecated, and I'd like to upgrade. Which API should I look at upgrading to?

The CreateButton API page alludes to Checkout as the default option. If that's suitable for this case, how should I be acquiring the merchant_id parameter from my merchants, and do they need to grant my platform special permissions?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

SuNcO
Contributor
Contributor

Do you already found an answer to this? I'm looking for the same

Login to Me Too

villesundberg
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't found a solution yet, no.

Login to Me Too

SuNcO
Contributor
Contributor

As I read in the docs, yes, this BMCreateButton is deprecated, but dunno why still works. I just created a hosted button (subscription type) using this: GitHub - angelleye/paypal-php-library: PHP PayPal SDK Class Library for Classic APIs

Login to Me Too

villesundberg
Contributor
Contributor

It does work, but IPN is a little flaky, and PayPal has indicated they won't accept new apps using the deprecated API. Haven't had the bandwidth to properly research the upgrade path yet.

Login to Me Too

scholar1-2023
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @villesundberg @SuNcO  did you find any alternative solution?

Login to Me Too

villesundberg
Contributor
Contributor

No, as of today I haven't upgraded and am not sure what the upgrade path is.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.