Token is not valid

dimi3
Contributor
Contributor
Since yesterday we are getting a lot of "Token is not valid" errors for many of our merchants when their customers are trying out to checkout. Please note that only some of our merchants experience this error while the checkout is working for other merchants. First error was noticed on 08/20/2018 1:24am PST: Example: TIMESTAMP=2018%2d08%2d21T08%3a45%3a25Z&CORRELATIONID=f1217470dacd0&ACK=Failure&VERSION=95%2e0&BUILD=48633247&L_ERRORCODE0=10002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Authentication%2fAuthorization%20Failed&L_LONGMESSAGE0=Token%20is%20not%20valid&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error Nothing has been changed on our side. Issue can be resolved if a new token is generated. It looks like for some reasons the tokens of some of our merchants have been invalid. The tokens were generated through the PayPal Permission API. So far for all these years we have not experienced such errors.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MarcelMarcel
We are experiencing the same issues for a ~100 merchants: [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10002 [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Authentication/Authorization Failed [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Token is not valid [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error A short fix is to fetch a new Token by deleting and adding the payment method again. Helped for maybe 24h.
Login to Me Too

Shopgate
Contributor
Contributor

@dimi3 : is this problem somehow clarified by PayPal support to you?  
Since 2 weeks we have no response from PayPal support team

Login to Me Too

dimi3
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal confirmed the issue and fixed it 1 day after I posted here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.