Taking a user directly to the 'Pay with a card' page.

FREDDIE73
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, 

for years, on my websites, I used payment gateway (credit & debit cards) + PayPal. 

Those who preferred to pay via Credit/Debit Cards were funneled in one direction (specific button) and those

willing to pay directly via PayPal were funneled in another direction (specific button).

Now, for a number of reasons, I'd like to use PayPal as a gateway for Credit/Debit Cards. 

And I'd like to keep it simple.

With the current set-up we have on our websites, we show 2 payment buttons [SNAPSHOT #1]

2_buttons_defdef.png

Now, when a user clicks on the yellow button, he lands here [SNAPSHOT #2]

step1.png

And, of course, by clicking on the 'Pay with a card' button, the user lands here [SNAPSHOT #3]

step2.png

What I'd like to know is if it's possible to do so that by clicking on the blue button in [SNAPSHOT #1]

the user would land directly on [SNAPSHOT #3], without the 'interstitial' page [SNAPSHOT #2]

What I fear (and some tests already proved it) is that by showing [SNAPSHOT #2] many users would not

even see the 'Pay with a card' button and therefore abandon the checkout.

Is it possible to 'skip' [SNAPSHOT #2] and take the users directly on [SNAPSHOT #3] ? 

And if so, how can  I go about? 

As an alternative, how could I do in order to achieve the same goal, i.e. avoid that a user sees the 

PayPal login fields that are present in [SNAPSHOT #2]? 

Thanks in advance

Freddie

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You're not going to be able to hide the PayPal login completely, but you can get the full card form to display by default using Express Checkout with the following parameters included in your SetExpressCheckout request:

* LANDINGPAGE=Billing
* SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole
* USERSELECTEDFUNDINGSOURCE=CreditCard

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.