So, what is going on/how to get on with Paypal Commerce for Marketplaces?!

pixel_hero
New Community Member

So, being in the UK, we have 2 options for Marketplaces, Stripe Connect and what was Paypal Adaptive Payments.

As an e-commerce agency, we have seen a spike in the number of Marketplaces being requested to be built for people. Now, without being able to get an App ID for Adaptive Payments any more, and clients refusing to use Stripe because almost all of their sellers already have Paypal Accounts and do not want to lose vendors because they have to sign up to Stripe as well in order to get paid.

I have 3 clients contacting Paypals customer support, I have done what I can for them, but we are just trying to get an App ID for Paypal Commerce so we can use the required payment processes for Marketplaces in the EU. However, no staff at Paypal seem to know what is going on, what the requirements are, and in general never calling my clients back when promising to do so - it seems like a meaningless tactic to just end a call they cannot answer.

My clients have been told multiple things from 'you need a Paypal Pro account to use Commerce' to just being told Adaptive Payments has closed and there is no option anymore (when there is, and they can even tell your staff what it is called and where the documentation is...). It seems they have to sign up to be a Paypal Partner in order to get their own App Id's, but no one is even entertaining their applications for this and just saying someone will be in touch on a specific day and then never are.

Is Paypal Commerce even ready to use? Is there actually a way to use it or is it just docs and a sandbox?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pixel_hero
New Community Member

Just to add - 

clients paypal accounts are business ones, following steps here but it states that apps go under review and you can check the status?? Nothing of the such seems to happen. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/goingLive/#register-your-application-with-paypal

All criteria are met, yet an APP ID is needed and not provided anywhere in the credentials. How on earth do you get one now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.