Session vs Order vs Auth

S12345
Contributor
Contributor

Hello we are doing Paypal express checkout integration which uses below flow.

1. Create Session (Buyer approves amount in Paypal website) -> 2. Create Order ( order show up on Buyers Paypal acct) -> 3. Create Auth (give 3 days period to settle that money) -> 4. Create Settlement (within 3 days to get fund from Buyers Card).

Can you answer below?

Can you tell me which step from above will actually perform 'Authorization' on Buyers Credit Card Account so it will show up there? Just lie how Step 2 make the order show up in Buyers Paypal Account what step make it show up in Buyers Credit Card account by performing Credit Card Authorization, which put hold for that amount in Credit Card.

I noticed Payapl allow to use any amount in step 1 (review payment) and allow to create order with different amount in step 2. Should these two amount match or okay if they dont match?

We are making the buyer review the amount X at time of Session Creation (step 1), but when the order is placed they may have added more stuff to cart and while Order Creation (step 2) we are going to place the order for (amount X +$100). Do you think this is okay since they changed the cart to add $100, we create order for $X+$100 or should we force them to redo step to review and approve new amount before step 2.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

S12345
Contributor
Contributor

any one can help me with this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.