SOAP NVP Classic Integration

btcbilisim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Now I am working on e-commerce platform SAP Commerce hybris. I need to integrate paypal as payment provider.For this I used SOAP/NVP classic integration.But I saw somewhere this integration is deprecated.Is this true? Should I change to rest integration or client integration?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @btcbilisim 

While it is true that the classic NVP/SOAP method is deprecated, that doesn't mean it is unusable. Instead, it means that fixes for that product might be slower if issues or bugs arise. In other words, the newer product (in this case, REST) would equal faster/better support. So, I would probably recommend switching to the REST integration (or the client JS sdk depending on the product we're talking about here) but it isn't essential to do this as you can still process using the old method.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @btcbilisim 

While it is true that the classic NVP/SOAP method is deprecated, that doesn't mean it is unusable. Instead, it means that fixes for that product might be slower if issues or bugs arise. In other words, the newer product (in this case, REST) would equal faster/better support. So, I would probably recommend switching to the REST integration (or the client JS sdk depending on the product we're talking about here) but it isn't essential to do this as you can still process using the old method.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

btcbilisim
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @MTS-Aaron ,

Actually I can switch to rest services.But I have an ready solution based on SOAP services and for the our project limited time.
Will PayPal make an announcement if these services are completely disabled in the future?

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @btcbilisim 

Merchants using a service that is set for discontinuation should be notified. So in this case, if you decide to use it, you should be notified of future changes like that to the product.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.