Paypal Adaptive

Deepak2017
New Community Member

Hi - I am trying to add Paypal Adaptive to my freelance website but I am getting a message saying that is limited only

What is the alternate to Paypal Adaptive API for website?

Deepak

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

safetydave
New Community Member

@Deepak2017 wrote:

Hi - I am trying to add Paypal Adaptive to my freelance website but I am getting a message saying that is limited only

What is the alternate to Paypal Adaptive API for website?

Deepak

I am just getting started and my Wordpress theme documentation directs me to adaptive payments as well.  Where do I go to set this up?  The link is saying that it is no longer valid after December 1, 2017.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Indeed, PayPal has closed the Adaptive Payments apps. Have you looked into Express Checkout Billing Agreements / Reference Transactions? You could accomplish the same thing with that sort of a solution, but of course your specific plugin you're trying to use may not support that. That said, whatever plugin you're using is going to have to adjust accordingly as they won't be able to get new users signed up due to this.

PayPal is going to be launching "PayPal Marketplaces" at some point, which would then allow what Adaptive did. Again, though, you can still accomplish the tasks with Express Checkout. You just might have to build it custom.

I could help you with that sort of thing if you need. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.