Paypal Adaptive Payments Going Live

Folajifadeyibi
Contributor
Contributor

We have been developing an app using adaptive payments for almost 1 and half year and everything is working great on Sandbox mode and all good. Today when we decided to move to Live setup, we found that paypal is now not taking new integrations for adaptive payments. I checked other posts too. And it says it is still working for some of the partners and paypal selected partners. So let me know what needs to be done to go through that process. As we can not change our whole setup as everything is working fine with Sandbox and I have been working on Paypla APIs since long and one of the reason was an easy migration to live setup. So we were in a though like changing app id and url would do the work. But it doesn't. Please let us know what can we do next to resolve this issue. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Folajifadeyibi 

Unfortunately, Adaptive Payments has been deprecated and unsupported for new accounts for several years. Specifically, this was disabled for new accounts on Sep 19th, 2016 due to a new product with greater features and reliability. You can see the "Unsupported" notice through this link where it outlines that it is not available in the red box at the top of the page. 

The product that replaces this is called PayPal Commerce Platform For Marketplaces. This has numerous features and has greater ease of use. You can see all the information about it here.

I'm very sorry about this inconvenience but unfortunately, no configuration can be made for Adaptive Payments. Instead, look to PayPal Commerce Platform for the product that would be a great alternative.

Hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Folajifadeyibi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Aron.

Sadly we need to try other alternative. I checked commerce platform but it doesn't talk about splitting a payment. We have a kind of marketplace system where we charge service fee/commission fee from what sellers get. That is why we used adaptive delayed chain payment.  Is same scenario possible with commerce platform?

I also checked Payout API too, which simply allow us to pay sellers. So is there any difference between Payout and Commerce Platform?

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Folajifadeyibi 

There is definitely a difference between the Commerce Platform and the Payouts product. The Payouts product is simply for sending money to multiple clients. The Commerce Platform allows you to capture payments on behalf of a seller who is using your site, then disburse the money to them while also taking a fee for yourself. Think of eBay, how they allow you to sell items and get money, but they take a chunk of it too.

Refer to this link which shows you exactly how a order might look where the Partner/Platform Fee (this is the term used for a portion of a transaction that a merchant takes from the seller as a fee for providing the seller a platform to sell on). I believe this is what you're referring to when you are saying "we charge a service fee/commission fee from what sellers get". That's exactly what the Platform Fee is, where it is taking a portion of the transaction which the seller is getting.

To access this product, you'll have to be onboarded as a partner and determine how you would like your sellers to be onboarded. Refer to this link to get started on onboarding as a partner using PayPal Commerce Platform.

I hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.