Paypal API credit card checkout option not showing on ecommerce site

Lascar77
Contributor
Contributor

So i have got an ecommerce hosting and i am having a bit of an issue concerning checkout.

I have setup my api correctly and paypack checkout works fine, all processes are ok even the fees etc all are good. The option to pay with paypal works just fine. Now the real issue is that according to the api and hoster the option to pay with credit card directly should also appear as an option. But it does not appear. I have a doubt as to what may be the cause but i need clarification and help, my card is a prepaid VISA card could that be the reason the api button for credit card checkout not appearing together with the paypal normal checkout? Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @Lascar77,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit without PayPal account) feature is not available for all Customers/Buyers. 

It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction.

To receive guest checkout payments :

Enable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings.

Login PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account settings >> Website payments >> Website preferences >> PayPal Account Optional >> toggle "yes" .

If you have integrated legacy PayPal Express Checkout product, please contact your website developer (or) support of your third-party platform eCommerce to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Soleand "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout payment API request call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible.

Guide links - https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/set-express-checkout-nvp/

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

Yes, this is intended behaviour of the product. Customer/buyer need to create PayPal account to process the payment.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.