PayPal Express - What information is shared with customers?

ElfBorn
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know what information of my accounts are shared with the buyer when I use PayPal Express API on a custom payment gateway site to process software products. Do they get my address? The product is delivered digitally and I do not require the customer's address.

I don't know why my post are getting deleted, but here is some more info based on the first reply on this thread.

I am not sure about this. I am using getdpd.com to sell my product and to use PayPal Express, they require the following information.

c873cb455ee944ebb57fb268d720f876

I have 7 products, ranging from $50 ~ $100 and all of them are digital goods which only require the email address of the customer. It would be really great if you could tell me how I can prevent the customer from getting my address, if it is being given that is. I haven't used PayPal express before and or the sake of privacy, I would like not to reveal my address to random strangers, and hence I want to confirm this before proceeding. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not sure what sort of integration method you are using: REST API, NVP/SOAP API, or v.zero SDK, etc but you can turn shipping addresses off if you don't need it.

See integration documentation:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/express-checkout/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ElfBorn
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure about this. I am using getdpd.com to sell my product and to use PayPal Express, they require the following information.

I have 7 products, ranging from $50 ~ $100 and all of them are digital goods which only require the email address of the customer. It would be really great if you could tell me how I can prevent the customer from getting my address, if it is being given that is. I haven't used PayPal express before and or the sake of privacy, I would like not to reveal my address to random strangers, and hence I want to confirm this before proceeding. 

Login to Me Too

ElfBorn
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure about this. I am using getdpd.com to sell my product and to use PayPal Express, they require the following information - API Username, Password and Signature, which I can find on the API page of my account.

Login to Me Too

ElfBorn
Contributor
Contributor

Login to Me Too

ElfBorn
Contributor
Contributor

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

The sellers address is not shared to customers for express Checkout transactions. Separatel, as noted above you should set the itemCategory to "digital" when selling digital goods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.