PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce

VD20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would like to find out if this is a bug on my side, or one with the plugin, or possibly an oversight in the plugin.

I have smart buttons enabled, so customers can checkout directly with their credit card on our website without a PayPal account. 

However, on all of the transactional emails, and on the customers order page, it shows the payment method as "PayPal", example below:

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 12.11.04 pm.png

Multiple customers each day complain that their payment method is displayed incorrectly, I then have to proceed to explain that as PayPal is the processor, it shows as PayPal, even if they used a Credit Card to checkout.

I feel this could be improved to show the actual payment method used rather than just showing the default title provided in the plugin settings which in my case I have set to PayPal.

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 12.15.20 pm.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VD20 

I think you might have to submit a support request to WooCommerce for that feature so they have a track-able formal request.

As far as "nudging" goes, I've passed the word along to my POC with WooCommerce to let them know. Now, this comes down to the discretion of the WooCommerce team to add that feature. 

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VD20 

It really looks like that was an oversight by the plugin maker to just automatically assign the title to the "Payment Method" field. If the plugin maker just recorded which of the Smart Payment Buttons were clicked like "PayPal Credit" or "Debit or Credit Card" then that would be a much better option.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like PayPal would be able to do much here as this is something the plugin maker should try to resolve.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

VD20
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS-Aaron That's the logic I thought should be applied. As this is the official WooCommerce plugin, and developed by WooCommerce themselves whom are a supported third party plugin on PayPal, would PayPal not be able to give them a nudge to correct this?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VD20 

I think you might have to submit a support request to WooCommerce for that feature so they have a track-able formal request.

As far as "nudging" goes, I've passed the word along to my POC with WooCommerce to let them know. Now, this comes down to the discretion of the WooCommerce team to add that feature. 

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VD20 

My point of contact mentioned that if you are able to provide the ticket number for the support ticket raised with WooCommerce, then they can get it the attention necessary to hopefully get that change put in place.

Do you have the ticket number for the request raised with WooCommerce?

Hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

VD20
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS-Aaron 

I raised it on the plugin public support forum, I did not message them directly to open a support ticket so I unfortunately do not have a reference. I can do if it is necessary

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @VD20 

If you could do that, it would be most helpful. This would have a greater chance of WooCommerce adopting the change. Once you do, go ahead and attach the ticket number here. 

You're speaking of the WooCommerce PayPal plugin seen here correct?

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

pepostar30
New Community Member

what is the fees of receiving funds from my website by paypal credit card directly , and fees letting my customers pay with Paypal account directly 

i need someone help me in this matter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.