Need Live App ID for Adaptive Payments -- Withdrawn?

QuiltedStuff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have been in a protracted development/testing mode (for a number of reasons) with our web developer and third party (IXXO Cart Multi-vendor for WordPress) eCommerce solution provider for a new eCommerce business we are launching.  We're finally ready to move toward taking the site live and wanted to start the process of getting live App ID and API Keys.

It looks like this has been withdrawn?  If I'm not wrong, it looks like there is no PayPal alternative available yet?  Also, IXXO Cart has indicated that because we are a multi-vendor environment and want to run in Chained mode, PayPal Adaptive is our only option.  So without this, we will not be able to launch our business.  So, is there any chance of getting the live AppID and API keys we need on an exception basis? 

We have put significant time and expense into developing our eCommerce site, and are feeling like the rug was yanked out from under us just as we are ready to take it live.

TIA

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It can be done using the Express Checkout APIs, but you'll need to get Reference Transactions enabled for your PayPal account in order for that to work.  Basically, you'll setup a billing agreement with your vendors so that you can pull funds from them at any time, build your checkout to send 100% of the funds directly to their account when people make a purchase, and then use the billing agreement you have on file for the vendor to pull your commission from them.

I wrote an article explaining this more in depth you might be interested in checking out.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

QuiltedStuff
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the pointer, but I specifically need something that integrates into our multi-vendor marketplace solution (IXXO Cart).  This has been PayPal Adaptive, which is why I need some way to get an AppID. 

I am the system integrator, not a coding-level developer, so am reliant on others.

Taking something (Adaptive Payments) away before the replacement (PayPal for Marketplace) is available is, IMHO, simply unconscionable.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
There is a replacement available, as I explained in my last response. There has also been plenty of notice that Adaptive was going to be removed. I think you should redirect your complaints to the IXXO Cart platform, as they should have been prepared to migrate out of Adaptive knowing it would be going away.

Frankly, the method I described provides a better user experience than Adaptive anyway, and it doesn't require you to go through the process of sending in an application for the app and getting app IDs approved. It does require Reference Transactions, but that procedure is a lot quicker and easier.

So if you're dependent on the IXXO Cart platform you may want to show them my details on how to get this functionality working now that Adaptive is closed.

Login to Me Too

QuiltedStuff
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

IXXO's stance has been that when PayPal settles PayPal for Marketplaces, they will support it. 

But I will talk to them and give them the pointer to your article.

That aside, I still stand my my comment that withdrawing something when the sanctioned (ie. company supported, non third-party alternative) replacement is not yet ready is just plain bad practice.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
I reached out to IXXO and showed them my article. They said their developers are reviewing and will get to me for help.

You keep saying that they pulled something without a replacement being ready, but that's simply not true. What I outlined has been available, and frankly the better solution, all along. Adaptive Payments was always something that was sort of limited and not widely used. IXXO chose to use it, and they chose to ignore the warnings that it was going away without updating their platform to handle the changes.

Login to Me Too

MrToysCom
New Community Member

Hi,

Did anyone get back to you about getting your app id?

I am in the same situation as you are now & I have put lot of money in to my project & time & on hold  till this gets resolved!

If you hear anything please post it.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

EricEnricoRoy
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe that nobody has found an alternative... I am adding this comment to be notified in case someone add an interesting comment. 

Login to Me Too

HIREBEE
Contributor
Contributor

Bonjour,

Je possède un site WordPress (Marketplace) et j'ai déjà des codes AppId Live (pas des codes pour la sandbox, j'en ai déjà aussi !)

Les codes AppId Live, je les ai eus en remplissant un questionnaire avec pleins de questions par rapport à mon site, ce  formulaire part ensuite aux USA et doit être approuvé par eux.

Ceci dit, ces codes fonctionnent toujours bien dans mon site (voir photo, les codes ont été retirés pour la confidentialité).

Dernièrement, j'ai acheté un nouveau nom de domaine et comptais utiliser le même template, mais à ce qu'il paraît que le portail pour avoir les codes est fermé (voir photo) !

Comment faire sans PayPal ! App for WordPress_LI.jpgApp live ID.PNG

Merci pour la réponse !

Christine

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.