Merchant sdk paypal - DPRP is not enabled.

Varinder
Contributor
Contributor

My client from Australia has a registered for business account on sandbox and he has shared API credentials for integrating pay pal's Recurrig Payment feature. When I am requesting for creating profile of the buyer then Sandbox is replying DPRP for this merchant is disabled. I have googled it and asked my client to request Pay Pal technical team to enable it. But pay pal technical people says they have enabled this feature on his account. But I am still facing same issue. In the mean time I tried to found how to enable this and I got that it can be enabled by upgrading account into Pro account.

I can't understand why Pay Pal is asking to upgrade Sandbox account into Pro. I can guess, Pay Pal account should be converted into Pro for recurring payments not Sandbox. So as per suggestions I did workarounds to convert Sandbox account into Pro account and I followed some suggested ways but because of Pay Pal's nature of changing UI frequently all went in vain.

So Please some one suggest what should I do ? How I can enable DPRP on my clients merchant account ? If my client upgrades his account to Pro then things will work or not ?

I am making request using Merchant sdk paypal library which is maintained by Pay Pal on github.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

Can you post the API response you are getting including the correlation ID, or PM me the sandbox PayPal account email address. 

Login to Me Too

Varinder
Contributor
Contributor

Please find attached images of response with correlational Id

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks @Varinder

Im trying to get this enabled on my side but doesnt want to toggle on the back end. Can you create a brand new sandbox account on developer.paypal.com and try enabling Pro via the developer portal, once enabled I can toggle on the DPRP settings on my side. 

Login to Me Too

Varinder
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Further I went to developer url which you have suggested but there was no link for creating account but when I clicked for login then landed page has Sign up optuion but when I clicks for signing up it is redirecting to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-selection. As I can see it asks my all original docs and other few legal docs for signing up. If there is any option to create account without all these required things. Or if you enable it to my client's account then it will be good.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

OK. 

You need to login to developer.paypal.com with a live PayPal account, without that you wont be able to get sandbox setup for testing. So the sign up flow you are seeing is to create a live PayPal account which is correct. 

Login to Me Too

Varinder
Contributor
Contributor

I have an old business account on live environment which I have created for testing purpose. Event this account also throws same error. See below screenshots. 

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Yea on live its expected as live accounts need to go through vetting to get enabled for DPRP, its not something we can do. For sandbox test accounts we can enable this on our side, but live is different. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.