Mastercard Introducing new 2-series BIN numbers

MTS_Ciaran

MasterCard has introduced a new 2-series to their Bank Identification Numbers (BINs). The BIN is the first 6 digits of a credit card number  and identifies the card’s issuing institution. Up until now, MasterCard BINs have only been in the 5-series range.

MasterCard began issuing the 2-series BINs in 2017. The range is from 222100 to 272099. The new BIN range is subject to the same rules as the existing MasterCard 5-series BIN range. The deadline for compliance is June 15, 2017 to avoid potential fines.

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/issuers/get-support/2-series-bin-expansion.html

Any technical questions, please post here, we'll be glad to assist you 🙂

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

akashadyzgal
New Community Member

Hi

I am using paypal pro on my website. Do I need to do anything? How do I go about enabling the new series 2 MasterCard BIN ranges?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

You do not need to do anything, so long as your website doesnt check BIN numbers before sending them to PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

navaida
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are there any test credit card numbers for sandbox that we can use to validate if payment are working with Mastercard new -series BIN numbers.

Also would there be anything we need to do on the website which use PayPal Payment Pro. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

nothing needed on your website so long as your site doesnt checked/verify BIN numbers before sending to PayPal, you can use the below test card number:

Login to Me Too

navaida
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. When I use the mentioned credit card I receieve back error. Is there a specific expiry date or CVV to be used?

The error that comes back is:

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Internal Error (#10001: Internal Error).
Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Are you trying on sandbox or live, I have been able to test on sandbox with the below API call:

VERSION = 109.0
METHOD = DoDirectPayment
PAYMENTACTION = Sale
AMT = 0.01
CREDITCARDTYPE = Visa
ACCT = 2223000048400011
EXPDATE = 102020
CVV2 = 123
FIRSTNAME = John
LASTNAME = Test
STREET = 12312 Port Grace Blvd
CITY = La Vista
STATE = NE
COUNTRYCODE = US
ZIP = 68128
CURRENCYCODE = USD

Login to Me Too

rpaulsen
Contributor
Contributor

When testing with the new 2-series bin, I am getting a validation error that says, 'Credit card number is invalid for the credit card type.' I updated the SDK to version 1.14 (per papal tech support). I read a previous reply on this thread stating that we shouldn't need to change anything in our code order for this to work with the MC numbers. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.