Issues setting up PayPal with UniFi in UK

BaxbyHideaway
New Community Member

I have purchased UniFi for my business and everything works fine with the Sandbox account but as soon as I enter the API Username, password and Signature to go live and after entering payment details via the guest portal it just says Connection error, please check you have entered your card details correctly (which I have).

Has anyone got any tips on this, or managed to get it to work in the UK?  I have sent HOURS trying to get it to work.

I have a PayPal business account.

Thank you

Barney

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

StuartJeff
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. Can’t get it to work but sandbox works perfectly.
Login to Me Too

DesReid

Hi Barney

Just came across your post, did you resolve the problem?

I'm experiencing the same problems, wondered if you had a fix?

Thanks

Des

Login to Me Too

BaxbyManor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Des,

I did not.  Gave up and managed to get it to work using Stripe.uk instead.  I would like to use PayPal though instead as Stripe isn’t really set up correctly although working for me, just! lol

Barney 

Login to Me Too

DesReid

This is hilarious. I gave up on Stripe UK because the portal was passing the full credit card number to Stripes API. How did you overcome that issue?

Login to Me Too

BaxbyManor
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I can’t actually remember! I got so swamped down with it all and was rapidly losing the will to live!
Login to Me Too

Stugood2k

Im having the exact same issue, Sandbox and credit card generator works fine, but live (real) transactions fail. I recieve the error "connection error occurred. please check if your payment data is valid".

I have made contact with Paypal tech support however no reply on the matter yet!

Could this be an issue with Ubiquiti software/Firmware or settings on Paypals side?

Anyone sussed this out yet?

Login to Me Too

BaxbyManor
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly, no.

Using StripeUK but it isn’t really set u correctly but, its doing the job!  I would prefer to use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

InFluxSolutions
New Community Member

Has anyone managed to get this working yet. 

This is a really frustrating issue for something that should be a simple setup. 

Login to Me Too

LifeIsDigital
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had the same issue, I have contacted Ubiquiti support and Paypal support and both closed off the tickets with no progress made, I have reopened them.

Paypal says they can see the declined transactions (first they said the decline was as I was trying my own card to test it out, but same result when someone else trying their card).  They cannot tell me the reason for the decline though and no information on the system to see why.

Ubiquiti got me to open the portal to the internet as Paypal had requested access to view that, which I did, but over 2 weeks now and my reopened case has not been looked at (it has been over Christmas and new year so I am cutting them some slack).

The stripe issue passing the card can be got around via the stripe site, but it causes issues with PCI compliance, so would rather not go down that route, especially as this is meant for commerical uses.  If Paypal cannot assist, then might try the quickpay option and see how well that sets up.

Will update if I make progress.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.