Issue with credit card/debit card payment for PayPal marketplace

Gia_Black
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am using the PayPal marketplace payment gateway (from Dokan) to allow for adaptive payments between me and the sellers on my platform.

There looks like there is a serious issue with the PayPal marketplace API which does not allow users to buy with credit card or debit card.

Issues I am facing:

1. Credit card payments
  • After entering all my credit card info, I get the following error message “Error in capturing payment: The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.”
  • I have tried to buy items from different sellers, different amount of money but always have the same issue
  1. Debit card payments/Bank payments
  • After entering all my debit card info, I get the following error message “Something went wrong. We'll take you back to checkout so you can try again". (as seen here).
  • Then I clicked on “Try again” and the popup showed: https://snipboard.io/H9QfGj.jpg
  • I entered all my bank details and get an error message “Unfortunately, YOU cannot use your bank account for this payment. A credit card to complete the purchase".
  • However, even though I get the error message, payment does get taken from PayPal as I got an order confirmation (even though I keep getting error notifications and no payment confirmation). I see the amount was taken from my credit card! And the seller of the product says her paypal payment shows as “on hold”.

I have emailed Dokan a few times about this but they are saying now I must contact PayPal. I have sent PayPal 2 emails about this a few weeks ago and still no response.

This issue is costing my webshop loss of money due to people leaving checkout who are getting these errors. So I hope someone can help me get this fixed or point me to the right direction to get this fixed.

Best,

Camilla

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

akheera_baloxh1
New Community Member

I'm facing the same issue too and I posted the same question on stackoverflow, So I'm sure there we would get satisfied answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.