IPN URL

srvic
New Community Member

I changed the IPN URL as part of a new website last year. Old members are still receiving IPNs using he old URL. I see that PayPal will try 16 times before it gives up on the old URL and starts sending to the new one. Challenge is I have checked for the last 28 days, and none of the IPNs have errored as if they go into a black hole. So, at this rate, the new valid URL will never replace the bad one. How do I make sure all of my members are receiving transaction updates - ie, shift them to the new link?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @srvic ,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Community.

As you have confirmed, subscriptions that are setup with an IPN at the time of creation, do not update with your new IPN. If you open a request to PayPal Merchant Technical Support (click contact us and login with PayPal). We can submit a request to the PayPal Product Developers to update the IPN url. You will need to provide the new IPN listener url and all of the recurring profiles that need to be updated. Make certain that you have updated the IPN URL in your PayPal Account as well.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.