I got an email from PayPal saying I was paid but I cannot have my money

marybeth5
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email from paypal saying: "This email confirms that you have received a payment for $10.00 USD from John Dais"

then lower down in the email it says:

"Simply click the link below and complete PayPal's easy registration form to claim your money"

but when I click it just brings me to a login page at paypal and then after I log in it shows that the transaction DID in fact happen but the money is "on hold" and there is a button to "get my money faster".  When I click the "get my money faster" button paypal asks for shipping info etc.  I am not asking how to enter the shipping information, but I am asking for confirmation that I am understanding this correctly.  Is PayPal telling me to ship the item BEFORE I get paid?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

marybeth5
Contributor
Contributor

just an FYI for anyone in the future who finds this thread because they have the same question: yes.

I sold the item, got paid (but did not get the money yet because the payment was on hold), entered the package tracking info.

When the package was delivered I got my money.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

marybeth5
Contributor
Contributor

just an FYI for anyone in the future who finds this thread because they have the same question: yes.

I sold the item, got paid (but did not get the money yet because the payment was on hold), entered the package tracking info.

When the package was delivered I got my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.