Huge bug on the second step of the preapproval process (adaptive payments)

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
During the preapproval process, just after the login (that works fine), on the second step of the preapproval where the user have to confirm the preapproval, some of them land on a visibly blocked page. This is totally blocking because not seeing the confirmation page, the user can't complete the preapproval anymore. Some thech hints: - Looking to the chrome console you can see several errors and the problem seems to be css/graphic related to the animation on the page: the div (id: parentSlider) that contains the resume of the preapproval and, most important, the confirmation button is hidden through the property: margin-left: -550px, the blocked javascript dosen't let the animation work anymore and the page remain blank under the left column (console images available if needed). - Looking for a workaround through the console with the attached javascript you can make the hidden window show up putting the property to 0px and then finally complete the preapproval but this certainly is not a solution for normal users. As more detail possible to give you, we've noticed that this impact more likely on NOT business paypal accounts while on business paypal account this just works fine as always. Please take this as very urgent because it is totally blocking bug for us and for all those users using a normal non business paypal account trying to make a preapproval. Looking forward for your kind reply. Filippo Ronco Genoa, Italy
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

anthonyhull
New Community Member
Our users are also reporting having this issue. Please fix this ASAP as we are losing business as a result.
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
This bug is tiny but really blocking. A quick patch would be replacing the animated preapproval pages with not animated immediately visible to the user ones. Paypal Team certainly know how to fix in the best way. It is very urgent if some of the paypal dev Team would need some tech details their are available with screenshots in the MTS ticket reference: 180817-000081
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
Finally we had an answer from paypal MTS. They sorted the solution of this bug with some others in the night. Beyond the issue with the second step of the preapproval they had other various issue with the login process and the credit card payments on the adaptive payments products. All those issues have benn resolved in the night. We performed some other tests in the morning (Italy, August 21st), and all seems work properly now.
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that a very similar issue resolved around August 22 popped up again today.
The preapproval page flow doesn't show up correctly, the page are misconfigured, stretched or partially hidden under the left column. No confirmation button at all, impossible to complete any preapprovals.
It is totally blocking.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.