How to fulfill Reference Transactions requirements?

getDigital
Contributor
Contributor

We want to offer subscriptions which should be payable using PayPal. We will use Reference Transactions for that. We're using PHP so I use the Merchant-SDK-PHP since the newer PayPal-PHP-SDK doesn't support Reference Transactions yet.

In the sandbox it already works, but now PayPal sent us some additional requirements I never read before:

> - Pass Buyer IP address for each transaction (where the user is participating)
> - Pass Shipping Address - always required
> - Prompt new Billing Agreement upon new Shipping address - when the user adds a shipping address to their account on the merchant's site, which hasn't been used previously, the billing agreement should be voided and re-created.

Unfortunately I don't understand even one of the requirements. First, I don't know how I'm supposed to send the shipping- or IP address with the SDK since I can't find a property for that. And why should we send this data anyway? PayPal gets the IP address of the user when he confirms the payments. Also, when we have to create a new billing agreement every time the user changes his shipping address PayPal always knows the current shipping address. Again, I don't know how to pass a new shipping address to PayPal in case the customer wants to change it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.