How to Integrate marketplace api

abhi123
Contributor
Contributor

HI this avinash

i had a question in payment

my payment flow is. i had a two users that are student and teacher.student will purchass the answer from teacher he will make a payment. the payment will go some amount to teacher and some amount to site. so i want to use marketplace api. is it suitable api for my payment flow.if it is suitable please tell me 

which sdk i use to integrate in java.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It will do that for you when it's ready, but unfortunately it's closed to a small set of beta testers right now, and the information I've been given is that there will be quite a few changes prior to its launch.

Right now you could use Express Checkout with Billing Agreements and Reference Transactions.  So the teachers would setup a billing agreement with you (the site).  You would use Express Checkout with your own API credentials, and you would specify the SELLERPAYPALACCOUNTID parameter in the API request to send the original student payment directly to the teacher's account.  Then you would use the billing agreement you have on file with the teacher to pull the commission you are due.  

You could do that as part of the checkout flow, or you could keep a running balance and pull your commissions when they reach a particular amount, which would help keep the fees lower.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

abhi123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

thanks for kind response. i don't think so it is suitable for my requirement.when do i exeprt use adaptive and marketplace api

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Why would it not be suitable? What I described is he same thing as an Adaptive Chained Payment.

If you would prefer Parallel Payments then Express Checkout can do that without the need for any billing agreements.

Login to Me Too

abhi123
Contributor
Contributor

well ok. i dont know how it works can you explain in brief. how it is working on my requirement. student pay total money to student then teacher will sent money(site profit) to admin. is it work flow when i create billing aggrement

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, I explained that exact flow in my original response about this.  If you need help with the development you can contact me directly to discuss.

Login to Me Too

jaff89
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Angelleye for this Billing agreement and reference transaction. Does this implement has rich feature in UI (screenshot below) unlike Classic adaptive payments.

b88f7f146e3018c5fe0d48c6033055e1b640ba6d

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, what you're seeing in that screenshot is actually Express Checkout. The Adaptive checkout flow was very limited and not a great experience in general. Express Checkout is much better.

Login to Me Too

jaff89
Contributor
Contributor

Thats great to hear. Thank you Angelleye

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.