Has Express Checkout Instant Update Been Discontinued

cdetdi
Contributor
Contributor

Users began complaining recently that they have not been able to select a shipping option during PayPal express checkout.   We have made no changes on our end but seems to have lost the "instant update" functionality.  I see that the dev docs on this note the whole API has been deprecated, is Instant Update no longer available or do I need to dig deeper into my integration to see why I've lost it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

not_here

Hi @cdetdi,

I'll check on this for you. Please bare with me while I work on getting you an answer. 

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too

arthurLopesOSF
Contributor
Contributor

Hey. Any conclusion on this matter?

Login to Me Too

cdetdi
Contributor
Contributor

I went through all the documentation I could and came to the conclusion that instant update was discontinued.  Some accounts may still use it. We migrated to the new API which now has users select shipping on our checkout process rather than paypals.  Works better anyway.

Login to Me Too

not_here

@cdetdi or @arthurLopesOSF

If either of you could submit a ticket with Merchant Technical Support and provide the support number here, we are trying to research why this is happening. While the documentation may state that this product was deprecated, PayPal would still support the existing product until otherwise noted. I'm not finding that we've communicated that this product was deprecated, therefore we need more information to research. I appreciate your help in trying to solve this mystery. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.