Getting code=EWP_SETTINGS error when trying to connect to PayPal

GirlGetsWed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am getting the following error https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=7645545e91ba4&code=EWP_SETTINGS when I try to connect to PayPal from my Wordpress Woocommerce site. I have no idea what this means and cannot find any help connected with it on WooCommerce, Wordpress or PayPal. I assume I have set something up incorrectly or have missed something but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Here are the updated instructions for the new Business PayPal Account:

• Go to your Account Settings in the Top Right.
  • Click Account Settings.
  • Click Website payments on the left.
  • Click Update to the right of "Website preferences".
  • Select Off under "Block Non-encrypted Website Payment".
  • Your changes are automatically saved.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

it should now be under new menyu called 'tools' not profile. Except 'website preferences' does not exist as a setting anymore. Cannot find any place within Paypal to change ewp_settings. Its a Paypal messup 100%

Login to Me Too

LaberintoJuegos
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem... and the solution about disconnecting the Encrypted Feature worked for me.
Now, I´m also concerned about the security with the transactions, since my website is fyully in HTTPS but I have to disconnect the Encrypted transactions to sell

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hi Everyone,

The EWP Settings are not designed for anyone using a 3rd Party Shopping Cart. These settings are specific to using a manually created PayPal button and a 3rd party encryption software.

Here are the general details of this setting from the PayPal Developer site:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/encryptedwebpay...

Thanks,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

i dont use a 3rd party cart and have same problem just the same

Problem lies with Paypal who give erroneous answers and are terrible backend programmers, and even worse at frontend design and database integration between the html php and javascript frontend, and python backend. Your assumption of cause is false

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

Me too and it is 2021 !!! cannot be fixed as ewp settings have disappeared from user interface completely. my shop sold lots of stuff and i never got the money, and lost customers. Paypal is a pile of we know what lately. No way to fix after php 7.3 and php8 is already out!

Login to Me Too

Chhun
Contributor
Contributor
My number id
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.