Getting code=EWP_SETTINGS error when trying to connect to PayPal

GirlGetsWed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am getting the following error https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/error?flowlogging_id=7645545e91ba4&code=EWP_SETTINGS when I try to connect to PayPal from my Wordpress Woocommerce site. I have no idea what this means and cannot find any help connected with it on WooCommerce, Wordpress or PayPal. I assume I have set something up incorrectly or have missed something but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hi Everyone,

The EWP Settings are not designed for anyone using a 3rd Party Shopping Cart. These settings are specific to using a manually created PayPal button and a 3rd party encryption software.

Here are the general details of this setting from the PayPal Developer site:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/encryptedwebpay...

Thanks,

Jennifer

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

MTS_Jennifer
Login to Me Too

Antigravity
New Community Member

Hi,

I had the same problem on my woocommerce-paypal website. Deactivating the "‘Block Non-encrypted Website Payment" worked for me but what concerns me is that my website is fully in HTTPS (and supports TLS 1.2) so i do not understand why when activating this feature (in order to gain more security for my clients) nothing works. Now i'm not sure that the link between my store and paypal is secure.

@MTS_Jennifer could you elaborate in more details this solution ? Is it Safe to use?

Best regards,

Yves

Login to Me Too

GuestPost
Contributor
Contributor

I believe the problem is in the PayPal configuration. You need to allow un-encrypted websites to make payments to paypal. In order to do so, login to your PayPal account then:

Profile & Settings --> My Selling Tools --> Website Preferences

Go down to the section "Encrypted Website Payments" and select "off" to the "Block Non-encrypted Website Payment:"

This should make it working! Good luck

Login to Me Too

mint1
Contributor
Contributor

I have turned off the "Block Non-encrypted Website Payment:" setting and I am still getting this error when trying to set up WooCommerce. I've installed WordPress and WooCommerce on two different servers and can't seem to solve this issue. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too

PrinceCharles23
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Jennifer:

some time has passed and i still would like to know why i have to turn off a security feature even when all the requirements are met (as stated by @Antigravity)

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

because if someone types abc dot com into browser directly with keyboard, no google, many hosts dont force https and visitors end up on http

Login to Me Too

mommaroodles
New Community Member

I tried this but it's still not working - does the currency not also have something to do with this?

Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

No. Woocommerce Paypal requires 4 data fields to be entered, whereas Paypal have changed their API method to use only 2, making it impossible for Woocommerce to connect to API

Wordpress Woocommerce requires entering;

Live API Username, Live API Password, Live API Signature, and Live API Subject

Paypal has removed this method of making an API connection

Paypal say this codswallop API credentials allow your ecommerce platform and PayPal to exchange information. Copy your client ID and secret (API credentials) and use them Live API credentials

CLIENT ID, and SECRET. That is all.
only 2 things, which woocommerce does not ask for with the Paypal plugin
Lets admit it, Paypal just killed hundreds of thousands of woocommerce shops including mine. I now take Western Union and Bank Transfer instead and to heck with Paypal who are even keeping their commissions on refunds to customers the thieves
Login to Me Too

ThailandAmulets
Contributor
Contributor

the interface has changed and the settings you mention currently have disappeared from Paypal user interface, making your recommended action impossible to perform, as that graphic UI menu is already changed and tat setting or feature has been removed, or they forgot to put it back when redesigning, due to frontend people not collaborating properly with backend webapp devs and database engineers. Basically, Paypal have messed up woocommerce paypal addon with their own protocol checking script

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.