Express Checkout and/or API Credentials validation approval

StrivenWord
Contributor
Contributor

Do the API credentials that are used for Express Checkout (and possibly for other payment gateways -- I don't know, see my other question) need to be approved or activated somewhere within a business PayPal account before they will work. I suspect I'm getting some kind of authentication problem due to the string "?payment_error=1" being appended to the redirected URL after a payment attempt with one of the widgets that I've tried using.

I found this option in the business account:

paypal-account-accept-payments.png

I've tried clicking "Submit" to select "Accept PayPal payments before API permissions or credentials are set up" several times. Nothing obvious happens. It doesn't seem to have any affect on the payment processing, which still doesn't work.

The API Username, Password, and Signature that I'm trying to use are defintely the ones generated from this account. How can I verify whether or not this account is configured correctly to receive payments using these credentials?

Also of potential interests are the two threads I started on the community forum:

/t5/About-Payments/Please-clarify-the-relationship-between-Express-Checkout-and-API/m-p/1164079#U116...

/t5/About-Payments/Getting-payment-error-1-appended-to-redirected-URL-after/m-p/1163697

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

I think I've been able to locate the transaction attempt, was the amount 0.27?

If so, the issue is with the currency codes, in the initial API call (SetExpressCheckout) that currency is set to USD, in the last API (DoExpressCheckoutPayment), which occurs after the redirect from PayPal, the currency code is set to PLN, which causes a conflict. We're returning a 10444 error, but I'd say the widget is masking this level of detail.

Is there a way to correct the currency code? If its not in the widget config, I would recommend to reach out to the widget developer again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

I think I've been able to locate the transaction attempt, was the amount 0.27?

If so, the issue is with the currency codes, in the initial API call (SetExpressCheckout) that currency is set to USD, in the last API (DoExpressCheckoutPayment), which occurs after the redirect from PayPal, the currency code is set to PLN, which causes a conflict. We're returning a 10444 error, but I'd say the widget is masking this level of detail.

Is there a way to correct the currency code? If its not in the widget config, I would recommend to reach out to the widget developer again.

Login to Me Too

StrivenWord
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the $0.27 transaction was one of my tests.

Just the information I've been needing! Thank you. I'll post back here if I or the plug-in's developers come to a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.