Error Message 10002: Security header is not valid

jennylcr
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to make transactions by using a paypal pro account, however, it keeps giving me the same error. I have the credentials checked several times, the code is working for other paypal accounts, but no luck on this one. If someone can take a look, that would be helpful.

Here is the response message:

{"TIMESTAMP":"2018-02-28T22:07:53Z","CORRELATIONID":"b2ef63f12871a","ACK":"Failure","VERSION":"119.0","BUILD":"39949200","L_ERRORCODE0":"10002","L_SHORTMESSAGE0":"Security error","L_LONGMESSAGE0":"Security header is not valid","L_SEVERITYCODE0":"Error"}

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Ciaran

Are you testing on sandbox or live, the API call above was made on the Live API endpoint, so the account API details need to be for a live account. If youre using a sandbox account it will return this error. 

Login to Me Too

jennylcr
Contributor
Contributor

I'm testing in the live environment. By the way, i tried test endpoint as well, it's giving me the same error.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

thanks, are you passing the "subject" variable in the API call, I checked the logs again and I can see a blank subject "&subject=" can you try removing that from the API call and trying again

Login to Me Too

jennylcr
Contributor
Contributor

I have the subject removed from the header, it's giving me the same error,

here is the response message from my last test,

{"TIMESTAMP":"2018-03-02T13:46:10Z","CORRELATIONID":"c4e83cd2505bf","ACK":"Failure","VERSION":"119.0","BUILD":"39949200","L_ERRORCODE0":"10002","L_SHORTMESSAGE0":"Security error","L_LONGMESSAGE0":"Security header is not valid","L_SEVERITYCODE0":"Error"}

my api call is working for other paypal pro users, but not this one, is there anything we can check in the account settings?

Login to Me Too

Kfer
Contributor
Contributor
Read this:

You need to exit Sandbox testing and select a Live-Prodution option

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.