Down for 6 days, tech support wont answer, error code 10540

marshill88
Contributor
Contributor

Our live production server has been up and working for years, we've processed over 2 million dollars in credit card payments and just suddenly stopped working without us changing any code.  Now, for every payment attempted, paypal responds with error code   10540 "invalid address" I posted a ticket on June 20th and tech support wont answer us.  We are passing a country code as shown below.  I don't understand why our ticket is being ignored.  Our business is losing a lot of money.   Does tech support usually respond this haphazardly?  Why is it so difficult to get technical support when we are a live business processing a lot of money?  Here is a sample of our data:

PROFILEREFERENCE = 10824 11 PROFILESTARTDATE = 2022-06-20 14:57:11Z BILLINGPERIOD = Year BILLINGFREQUENCY = 1 AMT = 347.33 DESC = Payment for Theravive Subscription FIRSTNAME = Karen LASTNAME = <redacted> STREET = <redacted> CITY = Winnipeg ZIP = <redacted> COUNTRY = CA COUNTRYCODE = CA STATE = MB CREDITCARDTYPE = Visa ACCT = [removed] EXPDATE = <redacted> CVV2 = * CURRENCYCODE = CAD Marc TIMESTAMP = 2022-06-20T19:57:18Z CORRELATIONID = 5c80ba17ec8eb ACK = Failure VERSION = 88.0 BUILD = 56068150 L_ERRORCODE0 = 10540 L_SHORTMESSAGE0 = Invalid Data L_LONGMESSAGE0 = The transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid address. L_SEVERITYCODE0 = Error

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AlanMcP
Contributor
Contributor

unfortunately this is the land of PayPal Merchant Tech support - my issue started 20th June - took tech support 4 days to answer with a vague reply to my detailed problem - my host even gave them the problem details . - another reply 2 days later , again no fix and I'm waiting on another reply soon!

I have a similar thing - everything was working fine in PayPal Checkout then monday 20th I started receiving payment only , the orders are not completing in the store 90% of the time. I'm still getting payments but it doesn't bode customer confidence.

Good luck, I hope we both get a fix to the problem soon!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

AlanMcP
Contributor
Contributor

unfortunately this is the land of PayPal Merchant Tech support - my issue started 20th June - took tech support 4 days to answer with a vague reply to my detailed problem - my host even gave them the problem details . - another reply 2 days later , again no fix and I'm waiting on another reply soon!

I have a similar thing - everything was working fine in PayPal Checkout then monday 20th I started receiving payment only , the orders are not completing in the store 90% of the time. I'm still getting payments but it doesn't bode customer confidence.

Good luck, I hope we both get a fix to the problem soon!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.