Do not get PAYMENT.SALE.PENDING or PAYMENT.SALE.DENIED WebHook event types from PayPal

olexandrman
Contributor
Contributor

I tested recurring payments in sandbox. I created customer paypal account with zero ballance and without Bank accounts. When I made recurring payment from this account. I created profile with some initial payment (setup_fee). And set max_fail_attempts to 1. By default, PayPal does not activate the profile if the initial payment amount fails. But my profile successful activated and has status ACTIVE instead PENDING. And I received on WebHook PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED event type. I expected get some FAIL event type (PAYMENT.SALE.PENDING or PAYMENT.SALE.DENIED), because customer account have not enough money. Why it happened? I need to Cancel recurring payment profile if does not enough money in customer account. 2017-01-27 (2).png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

olexandrman
Contributor
Contributor

Problem resolved. In sandbox environment, as long as you have available funding resource, the payment will continue to success.  In live environment, if you card does not have sufficient balance, the payment will fail.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

Can you PM me the sandbox email address please, or post here the sandbox transaction ID

Login to Me Too
Solved

olexandrman
Contributor
Contributor

Problem resolved. In sandbox environment, as long as you have available funding resource, the payment will continue to success.  In live environment, if you card does not have sufficient balance, the payment will fail.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.