Customer Cancelled Subscription that had Outstanding Amounts - Now Wants to Resubscribe

retroburst
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am a co-owner of a business that receives recurring payments from customers via PayPal - these are setup through a web application using NVP/SOAP API. We use the npm package https://www.npmjs.com/package/paypal-recurring-se to integrate with PayPal in our software, which in turn uses the CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile method to create the subscription.

The business account that receives the payments is with my business partner so I cannot access it myself and they are not so tech savvy. We have a problem I'd like some advice on. We had a customer that had two failed payments on their subscription with PayPal due to them needing to complete an "Identification Confirmation" process. At first they did not know that that was the reason and tried to cancel their subscription and resubscribe. PayPal stopped them being able to resubscribe because they still had outstanding debt on the original (now cancelled) subscription. How can we clear this outstanding debt so that the customer can resubscribe? We can't see any failed transactions under "All Transactions" and the recurring payments profile does not create invoices under "Invoices".

Are there any steps we could take to clear this debt, or make it so the customer can resubscribe again?

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.