Critical: Chained Adaptive Payments - Paypal page stalls, unable to process any payments

aand
Contributor
Contributor
My chained adaptive payments have been running without issue till yesterday, when I'm suddenly seeing customers being unable to complete their purchases on Paypal.com. After entering their Paypal login credentials, the "Your payment summary" page simply stalls (the right-hand pane vanishes), and the customer is unable to complete the purchase. Needless to say, this is a critical issue. Any idea how to resolve this?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
We have the same issue on the second step of the preapproval page. There's a bug on the second step of the preapproval process. During the preapproval process, just after the login (that works fine), on the second step of the preapproval where the user have to confirm the preapproval, some of them land on a visibly blocked page. This is totally blocking because not seeing the confirmation page, the user can't complete the preapproval anymore. Some thech hints: - Looking to the chrome console you can see several errors and the problem seems to be css/graphic related to the animation on the page: the div (id: parentSlider) that contains the resume of the preapproval and, most important, the confirmation button is hidden through the property: margin-left: -550px, the blocked javascript dosen't let the animation work anymore and the page remain blank under the left column (console images available if needed). - Looking for a workaround through the console with the attached javascript you can make the hidden window show up putting the property to 0px and then finally complete the preapproval but this certainly is not a solution for normal users. As more detail possible to give you, we've noticed that this impact more likely on NOT business paypal accounts while on business paypal account this just works fine as always. Please take this as very urgent because it is totally blocking bug for us and for all those users using a normal non business paypal account trying to make a preapproval. Looking forward for your kind reply. Filippo Ronco Genoa, Italy
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
The quickest way to fix this tiny but blocking issue could be to remove those useless animations on the preapproval process showing up the whole confirmation page immediately. Unfortunately this can be done only by the paypal developer team. We can just wait and perhaps pray.
Login to Me Too

AntFee
New Community Member
It seems that we facing that issue too since yesterday. Guys, what can our company do to speed up the fixing of that issue? Thank you
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
Any feedback from Paypal MTS on this tiny but completely blocking bug? We've opened the ticket on August 17th but, by now, we've got no answer. Any of you have been more lucky?
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor
I've finally got answer from MTS. They've fixed in the night. We've tested few minutes ago and all seems working again. Fil
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that a very similar issue resolved around August 22 popped up again today.
The preapproval page flow doesn't show up correctly, the page are misconfigured, stretched or partially hidden under the left column. No confirmation button at all, impossible to complete any preapprovals.
It is totally blocking.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.