Create and manage NVP/SOAP API apps

vins89
Contributor
Contributor

to go live with my application I need to

Register an NVP/SOAP API app

but the page I'm looking for to create a live app id for my site does not exist anymore!!

when I go to the page

https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/

and I click on "Create and manage NVP/SOAP API apps"

this is the answer I get:

La pagina web all'indirizzo https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums/adaptive-payments-api potrebbe essere temporaneamente non disponibile oppure è stata permanentemente spostata a un nuovo indirizzo web.

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

how can i get a live app id??

please help me I don't know what to do!

thanks 

vins
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Simple is a bit of a relative term, but I have written an article on how you can accomplish the same thing as Adaptive Parallel or Chained using Express Checkout.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Are you working specifically with the Adaptive Payments APIs or something else?

Login to Me Too

vins89
Contributor
Contributor

yes, I've a business account and for my site I need to implement ADAPTIVE PAYMENTS, I created the app and I've got all the API username, password and signature, but I need the live app id because when I try to make a payment this is the answer I get:

"Error: The X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header contains an invalid value"

So this is what I did:

At https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/, in my dashboard, "My Apps and Credentials" link, I click on my app name I go to the "live API credentials" and I copy the Client ID password,  is this the password I have to write in the "live app id" link in the paypal adaptive payments plugin in my site?

I don't know if I understood correctly the procedure, which is quite complicated.

thank you for your help and patience, it's really appreciated.

best regards,

vins

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Adaptive Payments applications are no longer available since December 1st 2017. We're not onboarding any new merchants with Adaptive Payments. 

If you can tell me what type of business model you're using we can try recommend something different instead. 

Login to Me Too

vins89
Contributor
Contributor

My site is a marketplace where students can upload their notes and sell them to other students.

I wanted a payment system where payments from buyers to vendors were automatic and the administrator (me) would get automatically a fee on every transiction.

Is there something simple to implement in my site that gives me these funtions?

I'm not a programmer and something like adaptive payments was very useful and easy to set for me!

thanks

vins

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Simple is a bit of a relative term, but I have written an article on how you can accomplish the same thing as Adaptive Parallel or Chained using Express Checkout.

Login to Me Too

vins89
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help!

I will try this procedure and see what happens!

best regards

vins

Login to Me Too

RuthW
New Community Member

I am trying to register an Easy Digital Downloads application that we' ve been testing for a few weeks with a Paypal sandbox.

We are going to be selling our PDF creation software from our store at store.xxxxx.com created with EDD.

My documentation from EDD says it's an NVP/SOAP API app but I see from this post that such apps are no longer being registered.

I have already obtained my live API signature as well.

What route should I go to register my live app? 

I'll start by re-reading my EDD Documentation in case I'm missing something.

Yours truly,

RuthW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.