Changing Recurring Payments on Subscriptions ?

PogoTime
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Support Community,

we plan to launch a Book-Club (for bilingual Kids)  where Customers can subscribe for their favorite Childrens Books. 

The Books will change from month to month (Volume 1, Volume 2, ...and so on)

We are implementing this Currently with WooCommerce Subscriptions and WooCommerce PayPal Payments (and Stripe)

Some Features should include, that Customers can expand their Subscriptions, e.g. adding another Book to their active Subscription.

This would lead to a "Change in the Recurring Totals". Let's make an example.

I have a Book A Subscription that costs 15 $

Now i want another Book B for 15 $ in my monthly subscription, so i'll add it to my active Subscription leading to a Change in totals 

It not 15$ (+ tax and shipping) its now 30$ (+tax & shipping)

As far as i read the Documents changeing the recurring totals is a "Advanced Feature" and therefore PayPal wont allow this until our account will be allowing "Reference Transactions". But as far as i read the Documentation, reference Transactions it says

you can increase the recurring payment total amount by 20% maximum in a fixed 180-day interval after profile creation.

(beside this Doumentation seems deprecated)

So my Questions are:

1. Can a Customer Change a active Subscription by adding new items, leading to a increase / change in the next recurring billing cylce?
  2. Are those mentioned limitations (20%) also valid for my described use case ? (If so a Subscription could never be changed beside minor price adjustments)
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.